Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Second night not so good

I had some great nurses and nursing assistants in the hospital.  Physical therapy came by early the next morning with a walker and had me walk.  I went to the break room across the hall from my room and back to my bed.  I was exhausted.

I hurt.  I hadn't slept too good the night before.  My foot was elevated very high but my spirits were good and Dr. Royer came by at 6:00 a.m. to make sure that I was going to be laying on my butt at home.  He kept emphasizing that the first two weeks are the most important in the healing process.  "Toes above nose." That night about 12:00 midnight, the night nurse brought me two pain pills and two Ambien for sleep.  Sometime in the morning hours, the nurses ran into my room and said that I needed oxygen because I was throwing PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) of my heart and my oxygen level had significantly gone down.  Once they got me stabilized, I went back to sleep and the same thing happened!  I was afraid to go back to sleep. I think it must have been all the drugs I had that made me not want to breathe.  I didn't take any more sleeping pills after that.  That afternoon, I was on the walker up to the nurse's station and back to my room. I was running a low grade fever for a couple of days from 99.1 degrees to 99.8 degrees.

Tomorrow, it will be one week since surgery.  Only another week to go before I go back to Dr. Royer for suture removal.  I don't know what's next after that, but stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed!