Thursday, October 6, 2011

A little Milestone!

I'm writing about something special that happened  because I don't want to forget.  Yesterday, October 5, 2011, I went to the Wyndham Hotel with my Team at work for a business meeting.  I climbed stairs from the lobby to the second floor - on my own two feet - without holding on to the handrail.  (Of course, I watched every step I took, but it was at a normal pace!)  Just one more little milestone in my ankle replacement journey.

I work fulltime now from 8 to 5, and trust me - by 12:00 - 1:00 PM, my foot and ankle are noticeable swollen.  But it's not so much painful as it is tight, with limited movement than actual pain.  My walking pain-free seems to be improving as time goes on.  There are a few times that I walk and don't have any reminders about my ankle.  I never thought that day would ever come.  Also, I don't have a limp when I walk now and I can actually get a little speed in my steps if I'm in a hurry. I'm actually wearing regular shoes (best comfortable flats are Naturalizer).  I'm getting where I want to be.  I'm sure Dr. Royer will be glad also when I see him next month.  More later!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan!!

    I have been reading your posts from your TAR and am so appreciative to find a week to week update from someone who had TAR. I am only 42 and it has been recommended to me to have the TAR by Dr. Brodsky at Orthopaedic Assoc. of Dallas!! I am in end stage ankle arthritis and have good and bad days. I am wondering how long I can put of the TAR at this point. I have 2 small children that need me but I am finding it harder and harder to keep up with them and all the activity. Thank you so much for posting your story...I love that you posted pics too!! when is enough pain enough pain? scared..Elyse, mom of 2 boys

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed!